Guided Outdoor Activities
at Williamsburg Christian Retreat Center
Our guided outdoor activities are designed to complement your retreat by providing a variety of fun and energetic activities!
Outdoor Activity Options
- Popcorn Bonfires
- Team Building Games
- Challenge Courses
- Recreation Areas for Non-Guided Retreat Activities
Be sure to plan ahead! Reservations for Guided Outdoor Activities must be made at least 2 months in advance.
To Make a Reservation:
- Contact us with the date and group information.
- We’ll send you a reservation agreement.
- Return the signed agreement with your deposit.
- Contact our office at least 10 days before your event to report your final number of participants.
If WCRC cancels due to weather conditions or for any other reason your deposit will be refunded.
The minimum charge for guided outdoor activities is based on the number of participants on file in the office ten days in advance of the event. If guided activities are canceled more than ten days before the event, the cancellation fee is 30% of the Program Service fees based on the number on file at that time. However, if you cancel guided activities 30 days prior and reschedule your event within one year, there are no cancellation fees. If activities are canceled within ten days you are responsible for the entire fee.
A traditional favorite! Our tractor-drawn hay wagon ride meanders over open fields and wooded lanes to provide a fun and relaxing activity.
Rides are 20 minutes.
Our hay wagon can accommodate up to 25 people.
- $30 for the first ride.
- $20 for each consecutive additional ride.
If you’re looking for a unique outdoor experience combining a special time around the campfire with delicious, fresh, kettle-cooked popcorn, join us at the Three Crosses Campfire Area for this treat.
- 1 hour sessions for up to 100 people.
- $40 for first kettle.
- $20 for additional kettles.
- Each kettle serves approximately 30 people.
Team Building Games
For those who want to build unity, team building games help groups learn the art of working together. Times for discussing issues and exploring the components of teamwork are interwoven with fun and challenging activities.
- 1 hour sessions for up to 40 participants.
- $5 per person, minimum $50.
Our ropes activities provide a fun, challenging way for your group to interact. As participants complete the course/activity the rest of the group is encouraged to cheer them on as a team.
Choose High Ropes, Zip Line, Tree Climb, Super Swing, Leap of Faith or combine several activities.