Retreat with Confidence: The health, safety, and welfare of our guests and staff is of utmost importance. During this time of heightened public health concern, WCRC has implemented enhanced cleaning, sanitation and social distancing processes pursuant to guidelines from the Virginia Department of Health and the CDC. Here are just some of the things we are doing to help you have a safe and healthy experience.
Updates & More Info
COVID-19 Update – June 21, 2021 – Williamsburg Christian Retreat Center
WCRC is committed to working alongside groups to make a safe experience for you while you are
here for your retreat. Below is some guidance to help make your retreat as safe as possible during this time.
- Individuals who are sick, have illness in their household, or have recently been exposed to COVID-19 should stay home. Keeping illnesses away from WCRC benefits all of us.
- As directed by the State of Virginia, individuals should follow current CDC guidance in regards to wearing face masks. Vaccinated individuals do not need to wear masks, while unvaccinated individuals should wear masks, especially in indoor settings and in outdoor settings where physical distancing may not be possible. Please be respectful of others and their decisions to wear or not wear masks – some groups may still require their participants to wear masks, some persons may not be vaccinated, some persons may be protecting their family members that are not vaccinated, etc.
- Please do not enter any buildings, meeting rooms, or spaces that are reserved for other groups.
- Retreats for unrelated minors sharing sleeping facilities (e.g. camps, school retreats & youth groups) are encouraged to follow the CDC guidance for operating youth and summer camps.
Use these precautions while you are here to prevent the spread of illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Consider using our outdoor meeting areas to reduce the proximity of participants.