Current WCRC COVID-19 Policy for Guests – Executive Director Bob Briscoe
June 11, 2020
Anyone with a fever or symptom of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is NOT permitted on the grounds of WCRC.
Guests who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 including those over age 65 and those with underlying medical conditions should consider staying home.
- The Campground is open to RV’s that are self-contained rigs with bathrooms
- Campground Bathhouse is closed.
- Lodging buildings are open and available. See reduced capacities below.
- Grounds are open to Day Guests.
- Avoid direct contact with people outside of your household. Maintain a 6 ft. distance from other people.
- Wearing face masks indoors (not in your RV) is required except when eating or if you are around members of your own household only. (Executive Order 63, 2020)
Please review the questions below:
- Are you currently or have you in the last 14 days had any signs of a respiratory infection such as temperature of 100 or greater, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you or a family member recently in the last 14 days had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Have you or a family member had contact with someone being tested for COVID-19?
- Have you traveled outside the country in the last 2 weeks?
Anyone answering ‘yes’ to any of these questions cannot come on grounds.
Use these precautions while you are here to prevent the spread of illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Consider using our outdoor meeting areas to reduce the proximity of participants.
In addition to our normal cleaning procedures, WCRC will be taking additional measures to keep our guests safe from the virus including the following:
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces using approved disinfectants.
- When possible, lodging facilities will be cleaned and made available 24 hours after the previous guests depart.
Guests may conduct all business, including arrival and departure by phone: 757-566-2256, or in person.
- Keys for lodging will be placed in the black mailbox to the left of the main entrance.
- Campground guests will find their check-in information in the Campground Cabinet to the right of the main entrance.
- Payments can be made by credit card over the phone or by cash or by check.
- Please place cash or checks in the slot in the Campground Cabinet to the right of the main entrance.
Meeting Space Capacity
|Magnolia Center Dining Room||40|
|Oakwood Meeting Rooms||20|
|Laurel Meeting Room||20|
|Holly Meeting Room||20|
|Commons A – large||40|
|Commons B – small||20|
|Outdoor Worship Center||50|
|Three Crosses Campfire||30|
|Lodging Capacities||Individuals||Family Members*|
|Oakwood Lodge Standard Rooms (20)||2||4|
|Oakwood Lodge Kitchenette Rooms (2)||1||2|
|Oakwood Lodge Handicap Access Rooms (2)||2||4|
|Laurel Cottage Rooms (4)||4||8|
|Holly Cottage Standard Room (2)||2||4|
|Holly Cottage Handicap Access Room (1)||1||2|
|Holly Cottage Abbreviated Room (1)||1||2|
*Family members refers to those living in the same household who do not need to social distance.
Questions? We’re here to help you.
We want to serve you anyway we can. Contact us today to talk with one of team members – We’re excited to meet you!
The following Guided Activities are available:
– Popcorn Bonfire for groups of 30 or less.
The office will be staffed from 8 to 4 weekdays only. When the office is closed, on call staff are available by cell phone 757-810-5795.
Groups with a Current Reservation
RESCHEDULING YOUR RETREAT: The initial deposits will remain non-refundable. However, given the circumstances we will allow these deposits to be transferrable to another date in 2020. We will allow deposits to be transferred to 2021 on a case by case basis.
CANCELING YOUR RETREAT: Though our normal policies involve a 70% cancellation fee within 4 months and a 100% cancellation fee inside of 1 month, due to the virus, we will not enforce these.
How to Help WCRC During this Crisis: Fees provide 80% of our annual income. With most of our groups canceling, our financial situation is rather dire. Please consider making a donation to help us weather the COVID-19 storm. Thanks!
If you have questions or concerns, please call our reservations desk at 757-566-2256.
June 5, 2020 – Program Director Josh Brown
We are excited to announce that Kaleidoscope Camp is a go for this summer! In keeping with State of Virginia guidelines, Kaleidoscope Camp will operate as weeklong, day-only camps for ages 6-18.
As of Phase 2 in Virginia, overnight summer camps are not allowed to operate, which prevents us from planning for overnight camps this summer. It does allow us to confidently open day camp programs and to plan them in a way that will be safe, fun, and Christ-centered.