- We believe in one holy and loving God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit eternally. God has
created all things visible and invisible, has brought salvation and new life to humanity through Jesus Christ, and continues
to sustain the church and all things until the end of the age.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the Word of God become flesh. He is the Savior of the world, who
has delivered us from the dominion of sin and reconciled us to God by his death on a cross.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the eternal Spirit of God, who dwelled in Jesus Christ, who
empowers the church, who is the source of our life in Christ, and who is poured out on
those who believe as the guarantee of redemption.
- We believe all Scripture (Bible) is inspired by God through the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God has created human beings in the divine image. We confess that, beginning
with Adam and Eve, humanity has disobeyed God, given way to the tempter, and chosen to
sin. Through Jesus Christ, God offers salvation from sin and a new way of life. We
receive Godís salvation when we repent and accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Believers are baptized into Christ with water as a sign of their cleansing from sin.
- We believe that peace is the will of God. Led by the Holy Spirit, we follow Christ in the way of
peace, doing justice and bringing reconciliation. We place our hope in the reign of God and its fulfillment in the day
when Christ will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.
Summary Statement - Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective Used by permission.
Copyright 1995 by Herald Press, Scottdale, PA 15683